Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Day The Music Died....?

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”  Victor Hugo

I would be willing to bet that if I started rattling off song titles a flood of memories would pour over your soul.  Music is a vital part of who we are and the memories we carry.  I remember making up  dance routines to Madonna songs with my sister and cousins.  When I was a teenager I  listened to a certain song over and over again, crying my eyes out, in a miserable attempt to nurse a broken heart.  I used to sing into my hair brush in front of my bedroom mirror, though I haven't done that for years... the thought makes me laugh.  I have been known to crank up the CD player in the car and sing Bon Jovi's "You give Love A Bad Name" at the top of my lungs, while my daughter just shakes her head and slides further down into her seat trying to pretend she has no idea who the crazy lady is behind the wheel.

Charli loves music...it is in her soul.  I know we are living in tough times but the idea of cutting music as well as art from our schools makes me heartsick.  I don't want to get on my soap box but I really hope that "people" will use wisdom when they are making decisions that will effect my child's future. 

Okay, enough of the heavy stuff...I will share some songs and you all just let the memories flow and I will share a few of my own.

Moves Like Jagger...reminds me of my friend Lisa...and Jagger would be jealous of her moves!

Hot, Hot Hot...Polyester Prom and The Boogie Ball with a group of the most fun women I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...being young and watching the movie with my sister.

Swing Low Sweet Chariot... reminds me of my Daddy.  He would also go around singing Frenchmen Never Eat Ice Cream or something like that.  I used to crack up and roll my eyes back then, and now I am thankful for such a great, silly memory.

The Time of My Life, Glory Of Love, Love In An Elevator, Pour Some Sugar On Me, The Heart of Rock and Roll, Mony Mony (I still remember part of the dance we made up), The Greatest Love of All, I'd Do Anything For Love (but I won't do that), Dude Looks Like a Lady.

I could do this all night long but I am certain everyone reading this understands where I am coming from.  Music is vital to all of us and in this day and age our children need this creative outlet. So let's go grab a hair brush and sing it like we mean it :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment