Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kimmi Junior

Just after midnight on December 13, 2002 a nurse named Barbara looked at my husband and told him that our baby must have been an immaculate conception. Barbara had a thick Jamaican accent and she says to Mark " Boy, dis baby look like just like her momma!" I can't even begin to count the number of times people have told me how much Charli and I look alike since the day she was born. It is true a lot of kids look like their parents, but with Charli and I...well it borders on creepy. I often tell my husband that God has a special place in heaven for him because, Charli acts like me too.

If I had to use one word to describe my daughter it would be animated. Charli has always been a fan of singing, dancing and making funny faces. She often times it a one girl comedy show, and goodness knows she has never met a mirror she didn't like. Charli loves to talk and never meets a stranger. When Charli was little and would do the silliest things my mother would often say "She is just like you." When Charli was rotten my mother would say "It's like you being little all over again!" Charli never went through the terrible two's but when she turned three I thought she had been invaded by a pod person. She had a temper, though thankfully throwing tantrums in public was never her thing. A number of phone calls to my mother began with..."Guess what Charli did?" and my mother would always say "Kimberly Ann, she is just like her mother!" Finally one day I had a come back and I said to my mother "Well then, how blessed were you?!"

I look at Charli now and at 9 and a half (that half is very important you know) I can see her father in her. I have seen it all along. She has Mark's eyes, and she gets her height from him. Charli is an adrenaline junkie just like her daddy as well. My father in law calls Charli, Kimmi Junior. I won't deny that we are alike in so many ways. Her stubborn streak and her temper ...well she gets that from her father :)

No comments:

Post a Comment