Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Year In Review

I am not one who typically makes New Years's resolutions, simply because who really wants to see failure in black and white? I did make an exception for 2013,and I blogged my resolutions as a way to be accountable. I put them in black and white for the entire world to see, because if I was going to fail...go big or go home right? No pressure. In 2013 I resolved to...



*Be as accepting of myself as I am of my friends and family
. I made progress on this one, though I have a long way to go.

*Read at least three classic novels FAIL...however I did read several books.

*Add more print to my wardrobe, buy a pair of colored jeans,
actually wear said colored jeans in public, and to add
a variety of colors to my closet that aren't blue, black, or grey
.
Partial success...I added a lot of color, but the colored jeans did not happen. Well...not unless you count those dark blue ones and last time I looked dark blue was a color.

*Strive to achieve a fit mind, body and soul. I made several lifestyle changes this year, and I have to say that I feel like a whole new person. My goal for 2014 is to work on the mind aspect a little more.

*Learn to cook something I have never made before I blew this one out of the water. I used several ingredients I have never used before thanks to a few fellow foodie friends who have awesome Pinterest boards.

*Write at least 10,000 words in my book by mid summer I hit this one out of the park as well.

*Express thanks I have counted my blessings several times over and I have expressed sincere thanks to God, family and friends.

*See at least one musical either live or in the theater FAIL...unless you count the twenty minutes of The Sound Of Music that I watched when it aired on television.

*Get back to the basics It is ever a work in progress, and I am headed in the right direction.

*Accept the things I can not change, have the courage to change the things
I can and be wise enough to know the difference.
This is a tough one! It's the being wise enough to know the difference that gets me every time.

Being accountable has certainly helped me follow through. Now in 2014 I resolve to...

No comments:

Post a Comment